The Garmin aera 660 aviation portable puts the latest Garmin technology in the palm of your hand, and it carries on our tradition of creating innovative navigators that go way back to the beginning of handheld aviation GPS. While Garmin aera 660 is light, compact and fits in any flight bag, its also packed with capabilities. As a dedicated navigator, it quickly and reliably acquires GPS and GLONASS satellite constellations and combines advanced navigation tools with rich, interactive, dynamically drawn aviation maps. And it displays it all on a bright, sunlight-readable 5-inch diagonal capacitive touchscreen display. The icons on the aera 660 are instantly familiar to anyone whos used a Garmin GTN touchscreen GPS/NAV/COMM, G5000 integrated flight deck or even the Garmin Pilot App, and the intuitive interface allows you to quickly pan across the map screen, pinch to zoom and more. Meanwhile, the power button on the top accesses quick settings, including portrait or landscape orientation, volume and brightness. And aera 660 comes with a snap-in style powered mount for easy transportation between your aircraft and home.
Advanced Capabilities in a Portable Package:
- Rugged, purpose-built portable navigator with built-in GPS/GLONASS receiver and 5-inch sunlight-readable screen
- Intuitive, simple touchscreen operation and single power button make getting around the display a cinch
- 3D Vision perspective view shows terrain, obstacles, airport environment, optional traffic, nearest airport and more
- Wireless cockpit connectivity via Connext streams advanced traffic from compatible devices
- Cut the cord and database prices with Wi-Fi database downloads and the affordable Garmin Navigation Database
The Garmin aera 660 aviation portable comes preloaded with detailed flight mapping, terrain and obstacles alerting, European SafeTaxi charts and AOPA Airport Directory to put a wealth of resources right at your fingertips. The graphical terrain page offers both overhead and vertical profile views of the topography beneath you. Switch to IFR map mode to display and navigate on high or low enroute airways, and use your touchscreen map cursor to reference MEAs (Minimum Enroute Altitudes) and distances between intersections. The Garmin aera 660 even provides vertical navigation (VNAV) guidance to simplify en-route transitions. Garmin Smart Airspace guidance conveniently highlights the airspace nearest your current altitude and de-emphasizes non-pertinent airspace so you can quickly identify your location relative to the airspace around you. And, of course, the Garmin aera 660 includes our signature direct-to and nearest-airport navigation.
With an optional power/data cable (sold separately), the Garmin aera 660 connects with your Garmin avionics to accept flight plans from your GTN 750/650 and GNS 530W/430W navigators, as well as upload frequencies to the standby position of your GTR 200 Comm radio, GTR 225 Comm radio or GNC 255 NAV/COMM radio. It also provides your Garmin NAV/COMM radios with the GPS position source required to look up nearest frequencies. Using Bluetooth connectivity via Garmin Connext technology, the aera 660 easily interfaces with compatible devices to cut the clutter in your cockpit and improve your flying experience. With a Garmin GDL 39 portable ADS-B receiver or GTX 345 all-in-one ADS-B transponder, you can access and display advanced traffic alerts, including TargetTrendTM relative motion tracking and TerminalTrafficTM, so youre aware of potential conflicts in busy terminal airspace. It even allows wireless control of Garmin VIRB action cameras to start and stop recording and capture photos.
Revolutionary 3D Vision technology gives you a virtual 3-D behind-the-aircraft perspective view of surrounding terrain derived from GPS/GLONASS and the onboard terrain database. Slide your finger across the touchscreen to rotate the view and show land and water features, obstacles, runways and airport signposts in relative proximity to the aircraft. Plus, with its forward-looking terrain avoidance capability, the Garmin aera 660 predicts in advance where towers or obstacles may exist and shades the landscape with amber or red overlays to indicate those areas. With the Garmin aera 660, you can cut the cord - and your database prices. You can update databases via Wi-Fi instead of connecting to a computer, and stay current throughout the year with a single, affordable annual subscription that includes all the databases you need. The Garmin aera 660 fulfills the role of either a Class I or Class II electronic flight bag, greatly reducing the need to rely on paper charts in the cockpit. When in IFR map mode, the Garmin aera 660 can display victor airways, jet routes, leg distance and more, similar to traditional enroute charts. Plus, pilots who prefer Jeppesen charts and diagrams can use built-in ChartView capability, which uses Jeppesens extensive library to provide global geo-referenced charting capabilities. European users receive European VFR Map enhancements to see even more visual reference points, including borders, lakes, roads, grasslands, parks and more.
With its long list of features, Garmin the aera 660 combines many of the capabilities of panel-mounted avionics with a value-packed, purpose-built package. Its a dedicated partner thats ready to fly, right out of the box.
Technical specs Garmin aera 660:
- Physical dimensions (WxHxD): 5.5" x 3.4" x .8" (14.1 x 8.7 x 2.1 cm)
- Display: 4.35" (W) x 2.61" (H), 5.08" diagonal, 480 x 800 px, portrait and landscape orientation, touchscreen WVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 8.64 ounces (245 g) with battery, 7.23 ounces (205 g) without battery
- Battery: removable, rechargeable lithium-ion, battery life up to 4 hours during most daytime conditions, (80% backlight) and wireless connectivity in the cockpit / up to 6 hours during typical nighttime conditions (5% backlight) and without wireless connectivity
- SBAS/WAAS/GLONASS receiver: high-sensitivity with WAAS position accuracy
- Voltage range: 10-35 V DC
- IFR or VFR: VFR
- Traffic Information Services (TIS) alerts compatible: yes
- Accepts data cards: yes (microSD cards, not included)
Delivery includes: Garmin aera 660, yoke mount (with power cable), Li-Ion battery, AC adapter, USB cable, quick start manual and related documentation.